Thursday, February 2, 2017

AUDIO NEWS-Thundercat , Michael McDonald and Kenny Loggins in the house!

Well some music history took place right here in On the Wave Productions recording studio when Michael McDonald met with Kenny Loggins and Steve Bruner aka Thundercat to lay down keys and vocals for new tune "Show Me the Way." Currently the song now has over half a million hits!

This remarkable collaboration has been all over the news & radio including Billboard, Rolling Stone, Huffington Post, SPIN, Red Bull, KCRW & so many more. The tune will be the showcase hit on Thundercats new release "Drunk." To quote Thundercat upon his arrival at our studio:

"I literally almost peed on myself, I silently freaked out!. I was like, "OK sure." I was like "Whaaaaa... What the hell man?" Michael McDonald he reaches out. I guess he [Kenny Loggins] does the talking to Michael McDonald and the first person I met in the Studio was Michael McDonald. I get there [drove up from L.A. to Santa Barbara] and Mike's sitting there, he's got the silver hair and the flannel shirt."  Excerpt from Red Bull Music.

 We had an amazing time with these artists as they created this grammy potential tune and put it together here in the studio.

On the techie side we recorded with Pro Tools 10 DAW and utilized INNERTUBE's tube mod for the Neuman U87 on Michaels incredible vocals along with Neve 1272 mic pre, Seventh Circle N72's and a Manley Voxbox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment